Monday, April 9, 2018

The Lucky One


                                                                                      for Artie & Lucinda



his eyes always saw so much farther
than my dreams for him could see
the seeds of his going born into the small body
that slipped so sweetly and humbly into my book of days

we gave each other Life
i, him, beyond his time and he, my open heart
i was his tree
and he my baby-child
he was my teacher in the short days
of our Awakening together
and sweeter lessons never learned by me

no doubt no release from pain
the loss of his eyes and his breath and his little ways
heart shattered like glass
              how will the pieces ever be gathered together?

cry in the cab of the truck with the radio cranked
Scream! let it go let it go let it go!
at least as far as the damn tether will Let it go
             soul tethered by an unbearable Love
             in the wind of a planet gone mad

my arms hold the slight weight of him
only glamoured on earth for awhile
and memories drown me
a rip from the gut a screaming meemie of a crazy moment
and tears are washing in the middle of traffic
               no release just adequate disguise
               in the rain in the pouring rain

the blade of memory cuts deeply
the almost-sadness
colouring my days for all time
                in mind’s eye he is curled
                next to my pillow humming
                his ancient songs into my ear



© 2018 pamela twining

No comments:

Post a Comment