Thursday, June 17, 2010

Awakening

“I’ll let you be in my dream

If I can be in yours…” Bob Dylan


Infant Buds unfurl

Painfully stretching silken petals

Gush of waters

From Winter’s Fastness

The pangs of Birth

And the rush of nectar

Rise of sap

Swelling blossoms

Open to the Sun’s golden kisses

They know neither drought

Nor frost


These shall not hide,

Curled tightly, closed in Fear

Or maybe Disillusion

Clinging in apprehension to the woody carapace

Joy remembered only in Dreams

of Another Life


They have never known

disappointment hurt confusion

their only memories

of sweet faces long gone

shades of ancient smiles and laughter

images in the sunset sky

myths and legends

understood at birth, imprinted in the Blood

and Forgotten at one’s peril


the wind

may dash them to pieces

keening of long-ago pain and sorrow

or strengthen their resolve

but there is no stopping this Burgeoning


it was your Touch

the Heat of it reaching the core of my Being

it was your Voice

like wind whispering in the Upland Meadows

it was your Spirit

locked with Mine in Love and Duelling

it was your Song

that Opened me


Poised at the edge

Of the womb of All Creation

The Vastness inspires Terror

But Freedom must come from Taking Flight

Leaping into the Sky without wings

buoyed by the Cosmic Wind

generated by countless stars


can I, must I

leave you behind? go where you are not?

Or are you so deeply imbedded

In my Heart of Hearts

That all my Futures are a Manifestation

Of the mysteries we share?


The Excellent thing

About Eternal Silent Moments

Is that they last

Forever


2 comments:

  1. Pamela ... I'm leaving my comment here, but I've been reading your past several poems. Beautiful, and sometimes sad. Have you given thought to having your poetry published? If not, maybe you should think of it. It's lovely, it's sad, it's happy, it's sentimental, it's ethereal. I love it. Love you, too, my lovely lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you So Much, cindy! i have sent some work to competitions and also to a few editors for review. no rock star status yet. but it feels good to get my pieces out for others to enjoy, instead of sitting in the closed book at home... <3 you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete