Saturday, July 23, 2011

pilgrim heart

Love 
your name is Love
and i have sought you
in all the rooms and corners of my soul
down the long corridors of Days
in dreams and nightmares
when memories are not enough
i look to heaven

i know your name
your name is Love
through my most grievous fault
my soul was severed from completeness
a moment’s lack of Trust
consequences reverberate through Time

i raised my lamp high
the better to see you
one drop of oil fell
burning your shoulder, startling you awake
and in that moment
knowing i was not Whole
you fled

i know your name
which you chose to hide from me
but i rebelled
claiming more than you were willing
to give me then
and so i lost you

wandering
seeking
always seeing you flickering
in my Deepest Vision
just ahead
shimmering in my Joyous sight

when i approach
a mirage
gone again
as the light waves in my eyes disband
dissolved in tears

our love was Whole
i bear the children your soul offered me
Light and Inspiration
you asked one thing of me
and i could not see
in Blindness failing not only you
but Love

i know your name
your name is Love
and when we meet again
i’ll tell you mine


© 2011 pamela twining


No comments:

Post a Comment